Kitchen gadgets, especially air fryer, are very easy to use, but the most important task is to clean it. These are not easy to wash like other kitchen items. You know it uses oil in it, that’s why it is greasy and difficult to clean. There is a proper way to clean it; otherwise, it can limit their life span. Here we discussed some tips to clean an air fryer.
Things We Need
- Dirty air fryer
- Cotton or a non-abrasive sponge
- Liquid soap
- 1/4th cup of baking soda
- Half lemon
- A dry towel or cloth
These items require before start cleaning, and we can find these in our home effortlessly. Now we’ll discuss the steps. By following them, we can do our task. So let’s start.
Steps To Clean An Air Fryer
- First, you have to unplug it from the socket and let it cool. Many people are in a hurry, so they forget to remove the switch.
- Wipe the air fryer from the outside with dry cloth.
- Take out the basket and pan from the air fryer and wash it with hot soapy liquid.
- If there is grease or any food residue stick on the pan, then let the soapy water in it for 10 minutes. So that it softens and easily remove by cotton or a non-abrasive sponge.
- If the particles won’t remove, fill the pan with hot water and add some baking soda for almost 10 minutes. And then wipe it this cotton or a non-abrasive sponge.
- Let all the parts dry and clean it with a dry towel.
At first, we should know what are the do’s and don’ts.
- Never use any utensils sponge or brush to clean it. Because it can remove the non-stick surface of your device.
- Avoid putting it in water to soften the hard food particles as it is an electric appliance. It could damage it.
- Put a half lemon for 30 minutes in the basket before cleaning.
Clean the air fryer after every use as the method given. So that no food residue or particles stick on it and also it avoids your appliance to become greasy or oily. Then thoroughly dry it with dry cloth or towel.
Avoid putting it near a stove or oven. It can damage your device and limit its life span. After completely dry, you can put it back in its box or any dry place.
If you feel any unpleasant pungent smell, the best way is to clean it immediately, and if it doesn’t affect, use lemon to clean it. The non-stick surface is perfect for cooking; it is less harmful and uses less oil. Avoid any non-stick aerosol liquid, and it could damage the surface.
Avoid utensils sponge or any sharp thing on it. If the non-stick surface removes from anywhere, then it forms the bubble while cooking. So, call your customer service and check if you have any warranty for replacement. Don’t put too much food on the pan for cooking; use two batches for a better quality of cooking.
If you found any smoke out of the fryer, plug it off. It is because you have added more oil and also you haven’t cleaned it after the last time you used it. So, clean it.
Sometimes food does not cook properly; you can cook it in batches. If your air fryer doesn’t start, don’t worry and before calling your manufacturer to check it if it’s plugged with an electric socket. And your fryer is in the right condition, and if all the things are accurate, then the fault is mechanical. The manufacturer can remove that fault.