Does an air fryer make food crispy? Yes, but it depends on the food. If you cooked dry and frozen food, then you will get amazing results. However, if you cook battered food, the result is not the same. There are a few things you should know to get your desired results.
Does An Air Fryer Make Food Crispy?
The answer is yes. Many people don’t know how air fryer works. An air fryer is actually a convection oven that uses its heating system and fans to cook food. The heating system produces hot air which is circulated by the fans to cook food according to your desire. It also uses a chemical reaction called Maillard reaction to cook food and give color and crispiness, which we love.
How To Make Food Crispy In An Air Fryer?
There are several reasons your food cannot become crispy. Here I list some useful tips to make your food crispy in an air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer before adding food. just like an oven and other such devices, it also needs time to preheat, although it is a simple step but helps to shed off some cooking minutes and gives your desire crisp.
- Make sure to grease your air fryer basket before cooking.
- Shake the basket a few times while cooking to make sure everything is browning equally. This is useful for small items that you want to crisp. A few shakes would be enough for your desired crispiness.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. If you add too many items at a time, then air won’t be able to circulate around the food, which left your food uncooked. It is advised to cook in batches to cook evenly and get crispiness.
- If you want to cook steaks, fish, chops, and chicken, then cook them in a single layer. If you pile up, then sides are touching; they end up in colorless and soggy.
- Use foil parchment paper in the basket.
Mistakes Often Committed
There are some mistakes often committed by the consumers. Here I list some common mistakes and try to avoid them to get your desired crispy food.
- The temperature chosen is not correct. It means some snacks need to cook 6 to 10 minutes to prepare and maybe some more for more crispiness. People do not know which temperature is suitable.
- Oil or fat is not used correctly. Always prefer to use low-fat snacks for cooking in an air fryer for crispiness. More-fat snacks do not give the same crispiness. Please follow the following tips
- Do not use too much oil as this makes your food soggy instead of crispy.
- Dry food completely before adding oil
- Meat and poultry can be brushed slightly to get good crispiness.
- Avoid cooking a large number of snacks at a time—Cook in batches.